Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Colorado & California















Life comes in huge swells sometimes it seems.

James and I were able to take our "babymoon" to Breckenridge, Colorado last week. After flying through tornado turbulence over Denver (seriously), I was in tears because of the effects. We were pretty much strapped to our seats for hours and I was incredibly uncomfortable. We eventually made it to Denver after being diverted to Albequerque. It was a crazy day to say the least.













Our condo in Breckenridge was amazing. With all the crazy weather we have been having on the West Coast, we had SNOW in June while we were there! The temperature didn't rise above 65 degrees. I was in heaven. I tried to soak up every last moment so I could think back to them when I was miserably hot and pregnant in Phoenix. We hiked almost every day while we were there and saw some pretty incredible views. Wow. We hiked along the Continental Divide a few times and drove on the highest road in North America, at 12, 200 +/- feet. We hiked to 12,005 feet (me at 7 month pregnant!) and saw conditions that parallelled the Arctic.








It was an amazing week to spend with my favorite person in the world.

The next day after returning home, EmmaLee and I set out for California to attend a family reunion for my side of the family. We played on the lake and pretty much had a blast. The only downer was when EmmaLee stepped off the boat toward the dock and the boat shifted, causing her step to land in mid-air and she fell down between the boat and dock. She banged herself up pretty bad. She had a scraped up nose and lip, 2 black eyes and a fat lip. Her tummy and shins were scratched and her arm was scraped and bruised where she was able to catch herself from falling all the way into the water (thank heaven!). We stripped her down and bundled her up in a blanket. She fell asleep for an hour while I rocked her in the swing, but she woke no worse for wear, commenting on the ducks floating on the lake! We took her out for a ride on the boat and she was totally fine. Whew! I felt so bad for her! Thank goodness for uncles that were there to pull her out.









What a wonderful week! I am very blessed (and very tired! lol!)

1 comment:

  1. As I was blog stocking I came apon yours!! I love to hear that you hiked to 12g while 7m pregnant! Fabulous trip!!

    ReplyDelete