Friday, April 17, 2009

Hormones & Hairspray

My sweet husband. I am so sorry for him! He will always be outnumbered in our family. We found out yesterday that our newest addition, whom we were CONVINCED was a boy, is in fact a girl. She gave us a clear view and there was definite lackage of the appropriate parts.
It was an interesting moment for sure. We were really expecting a little boy we had already named Ryan to smile and wave in this 3rd ultrasound and instead were greeted by a sweet girl sucking her fingers and dancing around on the screen.
I had to smile and chalk it up to a learning experience. Never think you have it all figured out because that's when God laughs and puts something in front of you that He had in mind the whole time just to remind you of who's in charge.
Now to figure out how we are going to have not one little self proclaimed Diva... but two. Good thing my wonderful husband is so patient and even-keeled. What would I do without him?! What would I do without him in 15 years when "my girls" are hormonal and as stubborn as we both are? I don't even want to think about it! :) I'll just plan to buy him some more Rogaine (or a razor, the jury's still out on that one) and myself some gourmet chocolate and ear plugs, and we'll make it to their 18th birthdays for sure! :)
I must admit that I like the sound of "our girls"... I can see James coming home and being greeted by the ladies that own his heart. How sweet with that be?

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! He can commiserate with Chad! Actually I think Chad kind of likes being surrounded by such sweet little girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Girls are fun! It is fun saying, "the girls", "our girls"... I grew up with sisters close in age and I wouldn't have wanted it any different! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's perfect! James is a sucker for girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for you!!! We are so excited for you both! We could let you borrow one of our boys if you are still set on having a boy! It may change your mind! Just kidding. I wish that we could have another girl, but the odds are against us...5 to 1. Oh well! We love you guys...take care...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats..though I am sure James was a little disappointed that he does not get his boy...Emmalee will have fun playmate!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marianne! Wow- long time no see! I just noticed you were on my follower list! You guys look so great and congrats on your 2nd little girl! How exciting! Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete