Monday, November 15, 2010

Time...

It's time for me to write. It's time for me to focus. It's time for me to get back to it! Why does life seem to get so crowded with "good" things that we can't seem to make time for those things that we should be doing?

I promised myself that this week would be the start of something better for me. Workouts back on schedule, homecooked dinner (however simple) gracing the table each night, storytime and homework with the girls, playdates that I've been craving (but putting off) would be set up and enjoyed...and yet, here it is, Monday, and my "simplified" week has already been filled with stuff. Where is the happy medium? I don't want to be lazy or unproductive, but even without working outside the home full time anymore, my days are full to the brim.

Being a scheduler, I thrive on getting everything fit into the time that I have and making it work. I CRAVE knowing what's coming next. And that old saying that we teachers live by: "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail" is so completely true in my life. I get distracted so often by other good things as I'm trying to get basic things done that I ultimately end up feeling like I did nothing. Not good when I already struggle with staying at home... why does it feel like when I was working full time I was able to get all that outside work done on top of everything else that I wanted and needed to?

I wonder if I'm allowing myself too much freedom. There was a GC talk last month about weeding through all the "good" things to reach the ones that are the most important and sticking to them. So I guess my gardening gloves will be coming out... this life needs a little pruning!

2 comments:

  1. YAY- I've been watching for you to post again. As for your post, you are doing awesome! It's hard to make time for everything, but the most important thing is that your family knows you love them, I and know that they know that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree....I've been wondering if you would ever post again....Where have you been? Good to hear from you again...Miss you...

    ReplyDelete